Guess the Fake Foreign Movie Titles
Earlier this week, I reviewed Stieg Larsson’s novel, The Girl Who Played with Fire, the sequel to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which was originally titled Men Who Hate Women in Swedish.
This got me thinking about foreign translations of titles, some of which are literal while others are completely off the wall. So I decided to make up fake foreign titles of real movies which came out within the last couple of years and challenge you to guess their English titles. To make things a little more fun, I’ve included one real foreign title of an American film—see if you can spot it.
- He Hates You! Why Don’t You Get That?
- Robot Cars: They Get Back Up and Kill You!
- Male Senior Citizens Not Welcome Here
- Two Broke Friends Shoot Sexy Time Movie
- Girl Who Buys Everything Tells All
- Cheating, Stealing, Lying Spies
- One Night by Lions
- People Who Openly Loathe You and Shoot You
- Watch and Tell Me What Happens
- Assassins Who Read Fabric
- Stop Thinking about That Bitch Sarah!