Nerdy Hot 10 List 2010
Maxim recently released its 2010 Hot 100 List of sexy women, which means it’s time for me to post my second annual list of nerdy hot guys—men known more for being quirky than chiseled—presented in no particular order. (Check out last year’s list here.)
- Matt Damon. Yes, he’s ultra cool as Jason Bourne but also super nerdy as Mark Whitacre in The Informant and the Ocean’s movies. Rumor has it he’ll be Tina Fey’s next boyfriend on 30 Rock, which means he’ll be bringing the dorkiness. Can’t wait!
- Craig Ferguson. He does the wackiest monologues in late night, and in a sexy Scottish brogue to boot.
- Harry Connick Jr. Sure, he’s a talented musician, singer and actor, but he’s also a giant goofball. Did you see him on American Idol recently? Aaron Kelly thinks Connick should replace Simon as judge next year and I think that’s the best suggestion yet.
- Robert Sean Leonard. His straight-laced Wilson is constantly being abused by House, but every once in a while, Wilson pulls a good prank on the mean doctor and I can’t resist a skilled prankster (as long as the joke’s on someone else).
- Nathan Fillion. Whether he’s playing a space captain or crime novelist, he’s always just a little bit goofy and that’s why he’s on this list.
- Hugh Grant. Good hair or not, he’s so awkward it’s almost difficult to watch him sometimes. But I do, because his discomfiture always makes me laugh.
- Zachary Levi. He plays Chuck, a super nerd carrying a top secret government database in his head, but excuse me, THAT’s nerdy? The only things that make the character believable are Levi’s thespian skills, Chuck’s clumsiness and tendency to talk too much.
- Matthew Morrison. Mr. Schue may lead the glee club and be unlucky with women, but if the glee club teacher in my school had looked and danced like him, I’d be a brilliant singer right now.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He plays outcasts in indie films and pines unrequitedly for Zooey Deschanel in (500) Days of Summer, but the dancing he did to Hall & Oates in the movie and later on Saturday Night Live? Retro sexy.
- Jason Sudeikis. He’s often hidden behind ridiculous wigs & porn ‘staches on Saturday Night Live, but showed up looking perfectly cute as Floyd, Liz’s ex-boyfriend on 30 Rock.