Home » Movies

Fall Movie Trailers 2010

Submitted by on June 28, 2010 – 9:30 pm 9 Comments

This year’s summer flicks have been so underwhelming, I can’t help fast forwarding to fall movies. Saw a few trailers in the past week that have me pretty excited. Any of these look good to you?

Harry Potter and the Death Hallows, Part 1 (November)

The other trailers for this movie left me feeling “meh.” This new one, released today, is the first that makes the movie look epic and highstakesful. Will you see it in IMAX 3D?

Red (October)

Tell me this movie doesn’t look funny and kick-ass at the same time. Can Helen Mirren be any more awesome? Throw her in with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Mary-Louise Parker as a group of Retired and Extremely Dangerous ex-CIA agents and I’m there.

Conviction (October)

The buzz is that the third Annette Bening vs. Hilary Swank smackdown might occur at the Academy Awards next year, with Bening getting strong notices for The Kids Are All Right while Swank looks like Oscar bait in this true story about a woman who goes to law school just so she can get her wrongly convicted brother out of jail.

The American (September)

George Clooney plays an assassin in Italy doing one last assignment. I like Clooney and love Italian scenery so it’s a safe bet I’ll be checking out this one.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (October)

The Girl Who Played with Fire is coming out in a couple weeks (as well as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on DVD) and I’m already looking forward to the final film in the trilogy. Lisbeth rules. Speaking of Lisbeth, have you read this Stieg Larsson parody by Nora Ephron from the New Yorker?

• LolosLetters says:

Glad you posted this. Just the other night I was lamenting the lack of any good upcoming movies (this as we were sitting awaiting the curtain to rise on Winter’s Bone). But this post raises my hopes, a few of these look like keepers. Thanks, E!

Just put me down for all of these, Elyse. Thanks for the posting these here.

• jenn says:

Oh my gosh, I have goosebumps after watching the Harry Potter preview. I can honestly say I’ve never been so excited for a movie. I will likely not see it in 3D, though, as I am a total baby and jump at anything. Harry Potter in 3D may be a bit too intense for me.

CANNOTWAITTHANKSFORPOSTINGTHISAWESOMEPREVIEW!!!!

And, yes, I will see The American too.

LolosLetters—Oh, good, it wasn’t just me being impatient for fall.

Naomi—Helen Mirren looks so badass with that machine gun.

le0pard13—OK, we’ll have discussions after we see them!

jenn—I can’t tell if you’re excited about Harry Potter. Your comment seems so ambivalent. I’ll try to post something more interesting to you next time.

• jenn says:

I know, right? I’m so subtle.

• Poncho says:

I’m in for all these films! Saw the HP trailer and couldn’t be more excited (can’t wait til November)…

Sadly, I haven’t seen any of the Lisbeth Salander films -haven’t seen ’em in any theater-, so I think I’ll be waiting for them in DVD.

Thanks a lot for this post, PCN! I’m pretty excited.

• Hahahahaha, thank you for the New Yorker/Nora Ephron link, PCN ~ maybe I’m not technically qualified to laugh, considering I’m only part-way through Dragon Tattoo, but to heck with it, I laughed anyway. {And I won’t laugh again for another 300 pages.}

Red has a bunch of actors I love and the trailer looks fabulous. It makes me want to go to Secret Agent school. And what’s not to love about George Clooney with an Italian backdrop. I just hope my eyes don’t pop out from the magnificence.

PonchoDragon Tattoo comes out on DVD next Tuesday! I’m so excited about HP but know I’ll also be sad when it’s all over.

Shell—Haha! Since you laughed before earning the right, your punishment shall be to fix my umlaut. And before your eyeballs crash, can you please draw George in a gondola with meeping lions behind him?