Home » Books & writing, Random Nerdy Stuff

Will You Go to Harry Potter Theme Park?

Submitted by on September 15, 2009 – 12:17 pm 10 Comments

via Entertainment Weekly

Entertainment Weekly has details about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park that’s set to open next spring in Orlando, Florida. Rides will include the Hogwarts Express train, a high-speed roller coaster based on the Triwizard Tournament, and a family coaster called Flight of the Hippogriff (depicted above).

The park will also feature Ollivanders, the wand store where “the wand chooses the wizard,” and hangouts like the Three Broomsticks and Hog’s Head that will serve Butterbeer, the drink of choice for Harry and his friends. Of course, the park will also contain Hogwarts, where some newfangled technology will supposedly bring the magic and characters to life for visitors.

This all sounds good but I was hoping for a ride that would simulate playing Quidditch. I think I’d be great as a Beater. Ha!

What do you think? Will you go to this theme park? (UPDATE: Collider.com has lots of photos and a virtual tour here.)

Shh… if my kids (and wife) hear about this, I’m done for! They’ll be no living with them until we all get to Orlando (hopefully, after it opens). 😉

• Shelley P says:

If I’m ever in Florida – sure! {Good luck with keeping a lid on it, leOpard13.}

• Reader#9 says:

Will I go?! What, are you kidding me?! I will be the guy pushing little kids out of the way to get on the rides!!!

Unlike your other posting regarding PCN’s review of The Man Who Loved Books Too Much, I agree with you about doing everything I can to be the first in line for the rides at this park! You should see me at Disneyland’s Space Mountain….it’s very scary!

• yeti9000 says:

Hells yeah I’ll go! I might even wear my Snape costume to scare all the kiddies out of the line like I did at the last book release party at Border’s.

I’m not kidding, I actually got booed by some little kids when we were leaving. Guess they should have saved their boos until they read the last book, huh?

But, yeah, man…I’ll be all over this new theme park! Yay!!

Oh man, you are making me laugh. I didn’t have a costume but I was also practically shoving little kids out of the way at those parties to get my hands on the books. If the theme park doesn’t cost $300 to get in, I’ll probably be shoving little children there, too, to get on the rides first.

• Dancer for Life says:

OMG! I am so going as soon as i go to orlando and convince my parents to let us go there as well as disney world. Ive loved the harry potter books even though i have only had time to read to the 4th book. I always dream about what would it be like to go to hogwarts and all and now i can!

• Zack says:

I would only go because my kids love Harry potter, they have been dying to go for ages.

On a side note i do agree with the author there is a need for more attractions and rides to make this experience complete. Well they probably will add more in the coming years to make you come again and again in years to come.

Anyway I have found some great videos and photos of the construction here:

Welcome to PCN, Zack. I’d go, too, because I’m a Harry Potter nut. I’d love to just stand in the Great Hall or take a hippogriff flight.

Thanks for the link to the photos. They make me even giddier with anticipation!

• David says:

The answer is yes. And so is it for all the parents that will have to go to it, no matter if they want to or not 🙂