At the year’s halfway mark, which was, ah, a month and a half ago, I wanted to take a look at the books I’ve read so far to see if I was on track to meet my reading goal of 100 books this year. Seems I’m a little behind; I don’t count ones I didn’t finish or all the manuscripts I read as a copyeditor unless they were published.
But what the hey, I thought I’d share my underachieving list with you anyway, as well as some of the titles I’m most eager to tackle in the coming months. I decided to limit the preview list to books I already have in my TBR pile or else I’d be here ’til next Thursday.
Here’s what I’ve read, with links to my reviews/posts if I wrote one:
1. Heads You Lose—Lisa Lutz and David Heyward
2. Banished—Sophie Littlefield
4. Learning to Swim—Sara J. Henry
5. The Little Sleep—Paul Tremblay
6. Shadow of Betrayal—Brett Battles
7. Iron River—T. Jefferson Parker
10. Spider Bones—Kathy Reichs
11. Djibouti—Elmore Leonard
14. When the Thrill Is Gone—Walter Mosley
15. The Border Lords—T. Jefferson Parker
19. Sick—Brett Battles
23. Here Comes Mr. Trouble—Brett Battles
27. Little Girl Gone—Brett Battles
32. The Devil She Knows—Bill Loehfelm
33. Creep—Jennifer Hillier
35. Broken—Karin Slaughter
39. The Taint of Midas—Anne Zouroudi
40. A Bad Day for Scandal—Sophie Littlefield
42. You’re Next—Gregg Hurwitz
43. One Dog Night—David Rosenfelt (review coming on Shelf Awareness)
44. Killed at the Whim of a Hat—Colin Coterrill (review coming on Shelf Awareness)
45. Stigma—Philip Hawley Jr.
46. The Most Dangerous Thing—Laura Lippman
47. Becoming Quinn—Brett Battles
47. Hideout—Kathleen George (review coming on Shelf Awareness)
48. The Cut—George Pelecanos (review coming on Shelf Awareness)
49. The Cradle in the Grave—Sophie Hannah (review coming on Shelf Awareness)
50. The Pull of Gravity—Brett Battles
51. Ready Player One—Ernest Cline
Below are the books in my stack, in no particular order, I’m most looking forward to devouring this fall (after I finish my last few summer releases). What titles are on your fall list? How are you doing on your reading goals this year?