I’m a Big Fat Liar
Within the last week or so, two of my blogger friends, le0pard13 and Poncho, kindly bestowed on me the Creative Writer Award (Poncho also gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award), with the real implication being they think I’m a bald-faced liar. Which I take as a huge compliment! It takes a lot of talent to be a convincing liar, I’ll have you know.
One of the rules in accepting the award requires me to post statements about myself—some lies, some truths—and have readers guess which is which. I also have to thank the people who gave me the award and then give it to seven others.
So here goes: Thank you, le0pard13 and Poncho, for telling me to my face how you really feel about me. People who call me a liar behind my back are cowards and need to be whacked repeatedly with nunchucks.
As for nominating seven other bloggers, I only know about five and they’ve all received this award already (thanks a lot for picking me last, guys; what is this, kickball?). So, I will pass it on to only one other blogger, the divine Ms. Shell Sherree, who does beautiful illustrations, schools me on Australian lingo, and is a gorgeous friend.
Now for the statements:
- I once provided backstage security for Duran Duran at a concert.
- Mel Gibson and I once shopped for books together.
- I was in Germany when the Berlin Wall came down.
- Several years ago, I finished the New York Marathon right behind P. Diddy.
- I’m a crack shot at the firing range.
- I have a black belt in tae kwon do and once trained with Chuck Norris.
- I was voted Most Likely to Win Hot Dog Eating Contest in high school.
- I worked briefly for the FBI after college.
- I’ve skydived out of a C-130.
- I once played Charlie in a school production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Think you can figure out which statements are true or false? Have at it! Extra points if you tell me why you think something is a lie or truth.