The year is more than half over, so I thought I’d do a best-of list at the halfway mark. February was the best month for me so far, when I read three books in a row I thought were outstanding. This seldom happens. There are times when I’d like three books in a row, but wouldn’t say they’re all excellent. Over at Goodreads, most of my ratings are three stars (you need a Goodreads account to see my shelf and reviews).
The following books were more memorable than the rest, keeping me enthralled and entertained all the way through. Click on the links for my reviews.
In chronological order of release:
- Love Story, with Murders by Harry Bingham
- North of Boston by Elisabeth Elo
- Watching You by Michael Robotham (scroll down to bottom of post)
- The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn
- The Three by Sarah Lotz
- Closed Doors by Lisa O’Donnell
- The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joël Dicker
- Those Who Wish Me Dead by Michael Koryta
What are your favorite reads so far this year?